Thursday, September 16, 2010

beginning of school

The first week of school is over. It's always interesting going back to school - things change, and stay the same. I'm taking different courses, but I know most of the instructors and most of the students around me. I'm fortunate to be in a small college where I can say that. I couldn't imagine being in a large university or somewhere where I'd only recognize a handful of the people I see each day. My school is my community, and my department more so.

The most exciting part of going back to school is I get my own studio space. It's not much: a desk and a cupboard, pretty much. But it's a large step up from a locker. Plus I'm surrounded by other fibre students, which is always fun. We're all a little crazy, which you have to be in fibre. Still, I find being surrounded by artists is one of the most inspiring things ever.


Note the inspirational calendar. ;) I'm sure in a few weeks I won't be able to see the top of my desk under the piles of fabrics, books, and other random stuff I seem to pile onto every horizontal surface when I work.

Now, I'm sure there's some homework somewhere that I have to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment